Another one that I really learned from. This is not from a tutorial, rather I did it on my own. I don't mind feedback... be gentle.

This one had a LOT of paint over it and try again. I changed colours, repainted trees and completely painted the canvas white and started again.

I am confused as to what style of paintings I should do. I like to use the palette knife. I like expressionist stuff and also realism. (But I am not very patient)

What I know: I need more brushes. A big part of the problem is not having the right brush. I really love to paint! I hope to get as good as I see many of the members here are already.

Views: 96

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Cheyenne, Wow....this is a beauty!! Looks like all your hard work has paid off!  The only cc I could give would be to glaze over your beautiful mountains with a bit of white (I know, sob). It would push them back a little and add atmosphere to your work. All your work on the mountains would still show, the glaze (white or a very light pale blue/mauve mixed with lots of water) will just add depth. Try it with a cloth to wipe it away if you don't like it.  Great job with this painting!!

Hi Cheyenne!

I see you put this in the "No Critiques - Just Sharing" category. Just wanted people to notice that :)

I do a lot of painting over myself! I love acrylics for that. There are some lovely forms and color in this Cheyenne! Very nice! Thanks for sharing

I did put it in the Just Sharing but I don't mind feedback. I'm going to try what Linda suggested. I've got glaze but don't know how to use it! This will be good practice.

I don't much like this painting... which is why I didn't put it in the critiques section. Haha! I know there are lots of areas to improve. I'll repost after I try glazing. If it becomes a big blob I'll post it anyway!

Thank you both for the replies. You were both very kind!

ooooo....Cheyene, I am so sorry to have given a critique on your painting in this category. This isn't the first time I've done this and I sincerely apologise. Karen....I'm sorry, I don't think I'll do this again as I feel really badly that I've gone and done it again.  I'll go sit in the corner :( 

I am not at all offended. No need to apologize. I'm going to try your ideas. Thanks for sharing!

RSS

What's new?

Need some extra help?

The Personal Tutor

Yes, you CAN help!

Be my INSPIRATION!!!

Become a Patron of the Arts!

Join me on my Patreon page. Pledge a small monthly donation and get rewards!

• Discounts on Classes in my Online School
  • Discounts in my Etsy Shop
  • Free Personal Tutor Sessions
  • Patron Only video chat/demos
  • and more!

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO

------------------------------------------------------------------

Or you can use the button below for a one time contribution in any amount - Thank you!

© 2017   Created by Karen Ilari.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service