As I was asked how I use acrylic markers to finish my paintings, I show on this picture some examples (see the red ellipses). I find markers useful to draw fine lines, for example grass, edges, highlights... I have perhaps ten or twelve different colours but I'm using regularly only four or five (white, grey, black, light blue, light orange, brown).

If the line is too fine I have one minute to spread it with a brush. Sometimes I spread the colour like a glaze. I like to have paints available quickly without palette, mixing and so on.

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks much Philippe - very helpful!

Thanks so much Philippe! I have been searching high and low for colorfast, waterproof, archival quality fine tip pens in something other than black.  I also thought that they could be useful for some applications.  In your photo I noticed "deco marker"..is this the brand that you use? Where do you find them.  Thanks again.  BTW, Im always saving your painting photos to my computer because I like your work!

Hello Deborah!

"Deco marker" is a sub-brand of Molotow.  I'm living in France, so I think my suppliers are not interesting for you in USA. Anyway, I find acrylic markers in most of suppliers for artists.

Sometimes I also use markers to repair impacts on furniture or floor or anything.

I'm very flattered by your comment about my work. Thank you very much.

Interesting! This would be fun to try Phillipe. I can see how it would be very helpful in getting crisp lines. Great idea!

RSS

What's new?

Need some extra help?

The Personal Tutor

Yes, you CAN help!

Be my INSPIRATION!!!

Become a Patron of the Arts!

Join me on my Patreon page. Pledge a small monthly donation and get rewards!

• Discounts on Classes in my Online School
  • Discounts in my Etsy Shop
  • Free Personal Tutor Sessions
  • Patron Only video chat/demos
  • and more!

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO

------------------------------------------------------------------

Or you can use the button below for a one time contribution in any amount - Thank you!

© 2017   Created by Karen Ilari.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service