Fall.jpg

I just took Karen's tutorial "Fall" and have never had so much fun painting as I had doing this one!  I immediately fell in love with "Fall" as soon as Karen posted it and was SO happy she had a class where I was able to paint along side her(cyberly) as she explained the "why's" and all the great elements of a great painting. Now I'm asking for critiques from Karen and you other amazing artists.

I have to comment on Karen's tutorials because she's a fabulous teacher and guides you step-by-step through the painting process.  I had one big issue and that is I paint in oils and couldn't find the exact colors as what is available in acrylics. Once I found what would work (as closely as possible) it was full steam ahead!  I learned so much in this one painting it was incredible!! The real focus in this lesson is all about values, so if you are struggling, as I was, this is a great course to take.  I worked through the "ugly" stage and am very happy with the final result. 

Thank you so much Karen! This really was a thrill to pain and now I hope to hear from all you Ilarians how it can be even better!  I think I may put in some more branches in the foreground.  Thanks in advance for your critiques!

Views: 164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Linda! I can't see anything that could be improved. All is perfect. I love the depth of distant hills. Well done!

Thanks Philippe!  I loved painting it! 

So lovely! I love your distance... That was so difficult for me in this lesson! I top loved the class, and hope to see more of them in the future.

Thanks so much KC!  Yes, I loved the class and look forward to more!!

It turned out beautifully Linda!

You have some lovely soft misty colors in the distance. Nice twig work!

Thank you for all the kind words about the tutorials as well :) You are inspiring me to start a new one. It's about time! I've been a real slacker for months now!

Thanks Karen! Well, that would make me a happy camper!!! I'm currently working on River Reflecions in your "video Demos"....it looked easy....but I'm still muddling around in values!! It's a little more difficult but it's another of your tutorials that I love!  You are a born teacher.....and do it well!!

Thank you so much Linda, words of inspiration for me for sure!

Hi Linda:  I've missed seeing your work so it's great to see this - absolutely beautiful!  I love the softness of the background and the colors and blending you have beautifully done.  The trees up front and the leaf work are wonderful.  I can see why you are very happy with the result.  I'll have to try the tutorial.  Wonderful work and hope to see more from you.  Mary

Thanks for your kind comments Mary!  It really is a fun painting to do and it's like painting right next to Karen!!  She talks you through all the more difficult areas (values!!). It was so much fun! 

This is really lovely. Well done! I need to watch this video for sure. 

RSS

What's new?

Need some extra help?

The Personal Tutor

Yes, you CAN help!

Be my INSPIRATION!!!

Become a Patron of the Arts!

Join me on my Patreon page. Pledge a small monthly donation and get rewards!

• Discounts on Classes in my Online School
  • Discounts in my Etsy Shop
  • Free Personal Tutor Sessions
  • Patron Only video chat/demos
  • and more!

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO

------------------------------------------------------------------

Or you can use the button below for a one time contribution in any amount - Thank you!

© 2017   Created by Karen Ilari.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service