I painted these cows last week. The first landscape painting from my own photo. It is a acrylic painting on a 30x40cm canvas.
Please give me your critique on this painting. At this moment I do not know how to finish it.

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is lovely Annemarie! Thanks so much for sharing it!

Here is a video critique for you. I thought this would be interesting to others to watch as well!

For those of you who have not seen this type of critique before, this is a "Personal Tutor" Critique which Annemarie and all the others that are Patrons receive as part of their rewards for being my inspiration! For more info, check out my Patreon page here: https://www.patreon.com/PaintWithKaren

Or, you can purchase a single critique, or a Full Critique package directly - here is the info on that http://paintwithkarenilari.ning.com/page/personal-critiques

Thank you so much Karen.

Your critique is very informative and clear for me.

I’m going to paint again on my cows tomorrow.

You are very welcome Annemarie!

Well, I started off thinking this painting was beautiful and finished, but as always, when I see Karen has shared some knowledge, I stop and read what she's written. I ended up watching her video clip and have to say it's one of the most important lessons in landscape painting!!  Well explained Karen!! I have a field I'm working on currently and this advice is so timely. Well done annemarie and Karen!!

I agree with you Linda. Thank you for your kind words.

I will be curious to see if you make changes. I think it is great, and of course, Karen's critique knocked it out of the park. I will be following!

Thank you Micki. It will not be easy.

Hello Annemarie;

What a lovely painting.  I really like the position and expression of the cows!  Animals can be quite difficult to paint and I think you really captured their "cowness." :)

I also found it so interesting to read Karen's comments.  She does a great job of teaching us how to improve our paintings.

I hope you will share the finished painting.  I really like it.

Thank you Sarah. I certainly will post my improved painting when I'm satisfied with it.

I think it is always difficult to make changes in a finished painting.

Here is the painting again from my cows. I tried to make some changes. Honestly I don’t know if it is better now. 

I think I will start over in a few weeks. 

I am glad to have your critique on this one.

RSS

What's new?

Need some extra help?

The Personal Tutor

Yes, you CAN help!

Be my INSPIRATION!!!

Become a Patron of the Arts!

Join me on my Patreon page. Pledge a small monthly donation and get rewards!

• Discounts on Classes in my Online School
  • Discounts in my Etsy Shop
  • Free Personal Tutor Sessions
  • Patron Only video chat/demos
  • and more!

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO

------------------------------------------------------------------

Or you can use the button below for a one time contribution in any amount - Thank you!

© 2017   Created by Karen Ilari.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service