How%20to%20paint%20successfully.xlsx

Hi dear Ilarians!

I'm learning everyday about painting while reading, viewing videos, watching galleries and - obviously - thanks to my easel. I tried to sum up what I understand in a single drawing showing a pyramid (I invented this tutorial and drew it by myself in Microsoft Excel).

Do you agree with me?

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm home now - that's the problem!  Will be moving to join my goodies after this place is sold.  Should have kept at least the fluid acrylics here with me.  .        . 

I understand. May you  find quickly a buyer!

Philippe - I think this is a great little tool for helping an artist to remember what is important.  In learning to paint, it seems that there are so many things to remember.  I have used lists, etc. to check my work when I'm done, but I really like this.  It seems like a tool that could be easily remembered as we are painting away.

I think it is wonderful to develop these kind of things and I appreciate you sharing it.  It is taking a lot of thought and experience and putting it into a simpler "tool" that we can all use as we paint.

I like it!

Thanks Sarah! Like you do, I have too several lists about color, composition, styles, etc...

I think my little tool should be use before any drawing or painting (tnat's what I try to do). Actually each of the 8 items of the tool has to be developped. For example I think the main point about color is how we allocate warm and cold colors, the warmth and the cold.

If I look at my last painting (two rusty cars) I can see there is no "wow factor" in light (uninteresting), value or color (it doesn't mean the painting is failed).

What a wonderful discussion!

Great discussion and input  - thanks Philippe for starting this.

RSS

What's new?

Need some extra help?

The Personal Tutor

Yes, you CAN help!

WANT MORE VIDEOS? FASTER RESPONSE?

Donate Monthly and help us grow

Recurring Monthly Donation

------------------------------------------------------------------

Or use the button below for an individual contribution

Or Click here to go to my Patreon Page - Become a Patron of the Arts and set any amount to donate monthly!

© 2017   Created by Karen Ilari.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service